The Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Specialist I is responsible for executing UAS data capture flights, accurate and complete post-flight processing of sensed data, and disseminating and storage of remotely sensed data obtained by the UAS program. In addition to flying missions, this position will process and create quality end product data as defined by organizational needs and within the limits of current technology used during flight missions as required by policy and procedure. As the UAS Specialist, you will effectively interact with co-workers to understand ever-changing and evolving needs as they relate to quality deliverables defined by all business lines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform all duties with a safety-first mindset, fully understand all department SOPs and information contained within the UAS Manual. Lead at least 1 (one) safety discussion with the entire team on a weekly basis.
- Provide a quality data delivery product, including the ability to safely and effectively gather data for the expected number of distribution poles per requirements understand and deliver data related to transmission reliability inspections. Perform all required UAV missions as permission requirements
- Ensure collected data is stored and maintained at the organizational level and dispersed to the appropriate groups while maintaining data security protocols.
- Perform UAS work management activities including job tracking and UAV Maintenance.
- Perform data gathering and processing procedures related to Infrared (IR) data capture.
- Read and interpret mobile mapping applications such as ArcGIS Collector and Apple Maps to assist in mission strategy planning.
- Keep up to date with the latest federal/state and local regulations surrounding UAS operations and comply with the Ameren UAS Policy and all Standard Operating Procedures. Maintain Part 107 certification or applicable certifications throughout the assignment in this role.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in UAS, GIS, Robotics, Engineering or a related field required.
- One year of relevant experience in Utility UAS operations or related field required.
- Part 107 Certification required. Experience with UAVs required.