Telecom Analyst I
ESSENTIAL DUTOIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
- 40% ADMINISTRATION: Monitors and maintains the 8×8 platform. This includes assisting with internal request fulfillment such as adds/changes and end user questions. Partners with the businesses to gather user requirements and troubleshooting problems. Works closely with the call centers to configure telephony environment as appropriate. Contributes to technical discussions regarding technical solutions and plan execution. Maintains all appropriate documentation in support of Telecom.
- 20% PROBLEM SOLVING: Good understanding of Business Unit issues as they relate to technology. Performs break-fix issue resolution.
- 20% TECHNOLOGY: Basic understanding of standards, processes and best practices. Remains aware of current initiatives. Understanding the MITS technology roadmap and is able to align to the strategic direction and priorities of the functional plan. Supports implementation of new technologies through common project work.
- 20% COMMUNICATIONS: Gives logical answers to questions. Prepares and listens well. Draws out relevant information and effectively communicates to team as well as the business units at large. Writes clear summaries of own work; is able to build and maintain effective documentation and ticketing within the Service Now platform.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years in a telephony related field
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and team environments
- Ability to analyze complex situations, negotiate and position solutions towards strategic plans, excellent execution and communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new technologies and processes
- Building/Maintaining Documentation and standards
- Gathering requirements and building reports/dashboard to standard
- 8×8: Line Adds/Changes, Call Flow Scripting/Toll Frees, Carrier Relationships (Porting), Soft/Hard Phones
- PowerShell scripting
- Experience partnering with a managed service provider
- Experience partnering with Call Centers
Nice to Have:
- Service Now
- Asset Management