Technical Lead / Systems Analyst Contractor
Seeking a senior systems analyst that will be responsible for being the go-to subject matter expert in the variety of payments technologies used at the company. The successful candidate shall have a high-degree of curiosity with a self-starting eagerness to learn new technologies quickly — across a variety of different technologies, whether it be Web, Windows, Linux or proprietary hardware and software.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
- Identify and recommend vendor APIs to development teams integrating payments technologies
- Become expert at installing, administering, and monitoring payments-related software and hardware and liaise with Infrastructure, IT Operations, Help Desk and software deployment team staff to prepare new system enhancements for production operations.
- Work with teams integrating with payments solutions to transfer knowledge, train, and set up hardware and/or software to support these teams’ efforts.
- Coordinate with vendors for product enhancements progress and delivery. Coordinate with BA & SA for requirements gathering.
- Identify gaps in vendor or internal software API coverage and liaising with the vendor and project manager to recommend and validate delivered enhancements.
- Where software anomalies have been identified, lead and own the interaction with vendor and/or internal software teams to communicate these anomalies and drive at solutions. If the cause of an anomaly is not known, own and lead the investigation across multiple teams, and subsequent resolution delivery.
- Work with and assist QA teams in vetting test plan coverage and assist QA in identifying root cause of any defects and owning the coordination in getting such defects resolved with the appropriate parties.
- Participate in technical spikes for new solution candidates.
- Participate in implementation planning involving payments software solutions in which this position’s expertise is involved.
- Participate in pilots for project initiatives.
- Participate in production support incident analysis, troubleshooting and resolution as needed.
- Liaise with the development engineering teams and vendors to coordinate the execution of certification test cases related to onboarding new integration capabilities with these vendors.
- Lead production support meetings with related technology and administrative stakeholders. Drive the tracking of production incident status and their related next actions.
- Attend regular vendor status meetings.
- Lead the upkeep of ecosystem assets among various infrastructure and vendor teams. For example, the maintenance of SSL certificates, PGP/SSH keys.
- Participate in production implementations, as needed for introducing new system functionality into our cafes.
- Work with the relevant Solution and Enterprise architect(s) to translate solutions architectures in appropriate vendor APIs. Where such integration points do not yet exist, liaise with these architects to define and subsequently request such changes to the appropriate internal or vendor teams. If during implementation gaps in architecture exist, work with the relevant architects to define and close these gaps.
- Coordinate with the project manager(s) to provide status, recommend next work, communicate any blockers on the project for which this analyst reports.
- Experience in the retail/hospitality and financial services industries
- Experience in the banking and payments processing systems is a definite plus including processor hosts for credit and gift cards, payment terminal and estate management.
- Lead the creation of new production MID & TIDs related to new projects for the benefit of the Accounting and application teams. Own the delivery of such data to these teams for onboarding into IT systems.
- Liaising the stand up of new infrastructure, networking, firewalling with appropriate groups for new projects.
- Coordinate product enhancements distribution to relevant app dev and deployment teams – inclusive of follow ups on validation of new functionality by other teams.
- Conduct knowledge transfer and training sessions with affected teams for new projects. Create relevant documentation to facilitiate (e.g., with HD & CBSS)
- Participate in production rollout planning and execution (prior examples – EMV, NFC loyalty, Kiosk)
- Participate in production pilot deployments & troubleshooting. Continue into crawl, walk, run phases
- Lead and instantiate all tech activities related to the execution of an RFP evaluation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field – REQUIRED
- Encryption concepts (SSL, PKI, X.509 certificates, shared key, 3DES/AES) – REQUIRED, 1 year
- Internetworking protocols (HTTP, TCP/IP, FTP, SCP) – REQUIRED, 3+years
- Device-level programming (firmware, operating systems, machine language) – REQUIRED, 1 year
- RDBMS and SQL (Oracle and PostgreSQL a plus) – REQUIRED, 3+ years
- Familiarity with ETL technologies (e.g., Pentaho, Informatica) – BENEFICIAL, 1-2 years
- Linux (Red Hat or CentOS) – BENEFICIAL, 3+ years,
- Web Services (REST, SOAP) – BENEFICIAL, 1+ years
- Web Scripting & Infrastructure (Java, Python, Apache) – BENEFICIAL, 3+ years