Technical Architect III
Sr. Technical Architect (Data, Cloud and Platforms): Understands the desired outcomes and requirements of the business and translates those into technology solutions, serving as a liaison between technical teams and management. Designs and develops digital architecture (integrated processes, applications, data and technologies) solutions for new products/services, applications and service offerings to support current software/platforms. Performs technical planning, architecture development and creation/modification of specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
- Leads the architectural efforts of large and complex projects or complex technologies (e.g., cloud architecture integration) involving multiple vendors, multiple technologies, leading-edge technologies, and broad implications for architecture
- Develops roadmap to incorporate industry best practices, presents solutions, and gains support/approval from stakeholders and senior management
- Prepares stakeholders for implementation, facilitates transparency and adaptation, and communicates how architecture drives value for the business.
- Provides deep expertise and builds business case to management regarding appropriate, timely and necessary security improvements or enhancements.
- Reviews impact of proposed improvements across multiple technologies/projects.
- Defines business data assets (as well as the assets’ sources, structure, classification and associations) as part of its enterprise information strategy
- Leads data strategy by partnering with both business unit and information technology leadership, and through rationalization of the information value chain
- Assists business and IT leadership in developing data governance processes and structures
- Aligns data architecture strategy with enterprise architecture strategy and guidelines
- Develops and executes on business road maps and plans for large, complex, high-risk projects, or for multiple large data architecture projects
- Collaborates with business architects and information architects to understand the creation, modification, and stewardship of data through the entire business process cycle
- Collaborates with solution architects to determine the information requirements and to identify the information elements that already exist in the enterprise data architecture, or need to be added
- Collaborates with data stewards to ensure that the entities modeled are fit for data quality and data governance usage
- Collaborates with application developers to define the data models required for application data integration needs, or the data definitions needed to enable business processes
- Collaborates with integration architects and database administrators to define the type of data integration services, depending on the needs of the project
- Oversees and reviews the data design of the solution, status and quality of work of various team members/software engineers/application developer specialists on the team and provides feedback
- Provides technical leadership to the project team, and oversees all aspects of the solutions design activities from concept definition to analysis and implementation of requirements, to transfer to operations
- Coaches co-workers and provides feedback to enhance skills and knowledge.
- Supports training and recruiting (college and experienced hires) for co-workers.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in engineering, mathematics, computer science, or business. Master’s degree is preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant architecture experience
- Leads data modeling, data classification, metadata definition, and data lifecycle management activities at the enterprise level
- Demonstrates advanced capability in database design, optimization, operation, and administration for both relational and dimensional platforms
- Advanced understanding of data science concepts, as well as MDM, business intelligence, data visualization, and data mart/data warehouse design and implementation
- Advanced experience with a variety of metadata management tools. Leads the design and maintenance of appropriate metadata repositories to enable the organization to understand their data assets
- Working knowledge of application architectures, software development tools and methodologies. Staying current with emerging technology trends
- Demonstrates expertise in translating technical concepts for nontechnical audiences, integration systems, data transfer approaches, analytics, scrum/agile development methodologies, project management and technical implementation and TOGAF methodology.
- Lead the strategic alignment of application platform roadmaps to application and enterprise strategies
- Hands on understanding of Micro-services architecture and DevSecOps, ie. Kubernetes, Tanzu, containerization, AWS, VxRail, scripting, automation tools such as Terraform and Ansible
- Hands on experience with establishing and implementing automated and repeatable processes, including those for availability, reliability, confidentiality, integrity, performance scalability, auditing and security.