The ideal candidate for software engineer II will display the qualifiable computer science skills and experience to fulfill this position’s needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- 50% – Code and test software based upon software specifications and designs. Analyze and study complex system requirements, design/enhance software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain software development. Provide technical leadership to support strategic initiatives. Work directly with the customer and/or IT tea, as well as 3rd party vendors on collaborative technology solutions. Work under minimal supervision and mentor junior team members. Participate in UAT for new system releases.
- 50% – Identify and update knowledge bases as appropriate. Apply all updates to current applications in a timely fashion and within deadlines. Ensure that developed code is modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable, and fault-tolerant. Provide software process management and control throughout the coding portion of the software development process. Write technical architectural documentation. Provides active participation in product releases. Provides onsite and after-hours support as required of all applications supported by the team.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, equivalent field of study or 3-5 years’ equivalent job experience.
- Experience developing in a team environment a must.
- 3-5 years’ experience working with Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with creating database objects and performing data analysis.
- Performance tuning experience preferred.
- Experience in Web Services implementation