Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable/Payroll Clerk – Part Time (approximately 20-25 hours per week)
Preferred Resources is hiring a bookkeeper to handle A/R, A/P, Payroll and various accounting functions. We are seeking someone with good attention to detail, eager to learn, with exceptional work ethic.
This position reports to the company President/CEO. Duties include handling Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and basic accounting reports. Other duties include answering the phone and assisting others with general office tasks as required. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Collection of timesheets; payroll preparation for submission to payroll service, semi-annual payroll reports for worker’s compensation and maintenance of employee records.
- Routine input of financial transactions in database and reconciling of accounts in a timely manner
- Preparing bank deposits, monthly Profit & Loss and Balance Statements and expense summary reports
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies as needed
- Year-end functions such as preparation of 1099 forms and general ledger postings
- Preparation of commission statements for sales staff
- Accounts Receivable and Payable including vendor file maintenance
- Compilation of various annual reports and updated applications for various state and government entities required for continuous operation authorization
Qualifications & Skills:
- High School degree or equivalent
- 2+ years of office experience preferred
- Must be able to work efficiently with tasks and job functions in fast paced environment.
- Basic Accounts Payable knowledge (terms, discounts, etc.)
- Good familiarity of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, & Excel
- General knowledge of Microsoft Windows based computer system
- Experience with Peachtree/Sage, Quickbooks or another accounting system
Job Type: Part Time (approximately 20-25 hours per week)
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 4-5 hours a day with flexibility on starting and ending times for both party’s convenience.