Operations Specialist II
The Digital Commander Center Agent manages the daily operations and support of the IT networks. The primary networks supported are the LAN/WAN, transport, telephone, wireless data, and mobile radio networks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
- Utilize a variety of monitoring tools and network element management systems to triage, troubleshoot and remotely repair problems.
- Implement software upgrades to network elements as required and participate in the change process to add or delete network elements.
- Provide support to IT field operations personnel, dispatch field support personnel as required, dispatch contractors, open and manage tickets with equipment vendors and carriers.
- Associates Degree required, preferably in computer science or related field
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Consideration may be given to candidates with extensive related experience without the academic requirements.
- CCNA Preferred
- Nice to Have- MCSA, RHCE.
- MPLS Knowledge preferred
- Operations experience required
- 4+year of experience in 3 or more of the following:
- Windows Server
- Unix or Linux operating systems
- Telecommunications networks
- Telecommunications experience should include telephony, mobile radio, multiplexing, TDM networks and IP networks.
- 3+ years of recent telecommunication experience in any of the following fields:
- Call Center technologies
- Telecommunication services configuration management and procurement.
- Candidate should possess skills in Customer Focus, Sense of Urgency, Decision Making, Core Application Systems, Problem Solving, Teamwork, Technical Troubleshooting, Network Architecture & Telecommunications.
- ServiceNow ticketing system knowledge preferred.