Network Engineer II/Network Firewall Administrator
This position is for a Network Engineer performing support for data networks, with an emphasis on administration, provisioning, and support of firewall rules and infrastructure on Cisco, Palo Alto, VMWare VNC, and AWS technologies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
- Administers production firewall support project requests.
Provides troubleshooting support to application/development teams for the firewalls in our environment.
- Leads efforts to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve network incidents
- Responsible for operations of data communication systems, including LANs and/or WANs
- Performs activities related to Network Performance, Lifecycle, Reliability and Problem Management
- Supports/troubleshoots network problems
- Researches and evaluates emerging network and communication technology
- Fulfills firewall requests using standards and templates, with a focus on documentation, attention to detail, and cyber security best practices.
- Executes firewall upgrades on prescribed schedules
- Evaluates new and emerging technologies
- Recommends solutions that address the user satisfaction and business needs of the organization
- Executes data/ system security processes including access controls, monitoring software, and generation of security reports
- Executes data backup and recovery routines on a specified schedule or as requested
- Reviews the Digital organization’s technology enablement and integration plans; demonstrates technical expertise within the network through determining best course of action for network-specific projects
- Proactively communicates their strategy and links to broader digital objectives across the digital organization
- Manages and ensures quality of medium risk/impact network installations or enhancements (e.g., coordinating meetings, tracking budget, following up on action items)
- Coaches less experienced co-workers and provides feedback to enhance skills and knowledge
- Mentors less experienced co-workers
- Supports training and college recruiting for co-workers
- Working knowledge of the planning, design, and troubleshooting of network systems.
- Working experience with Cisco networks, ASA firewall configuration, Palo Alto firewalls required
- Working knowledge of Avaya VoIP, F5 Big IP, and/or Nokia MPLS routers is preferred.
- Working understanding of routing and switching technology, IP, and signaling.
- Working knowledge of ITIL framework required
- Working knowledge of industry trends and products.
- Working knowledge of waterfall and agile project management processes, tools and techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in engineering, mathematics, computer science, or business.
- Will consider candidates without a degree if they have shown/demonstrated having 2+ years equivalent, relevant experience in tools, systems, and initiatives leveraged by client. 3+ years of relevant experience required.
- Working knowledge of SSL certs.
- Good understanding of application layer packet headers
- Understands DNS structure and architecture