ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
- 20% – Under limited supervision, follows established software development methodology to develop code on new software and enhancements on existing software. Works effectively with client team members and executes projects according to established business process. Interacts directly with client and actively participates in client meetings. Actively solicits feedback from clients on completed projects; manages to and communicates customer expectations.
- 20% – Provides functional and concise information to management and team in the design, development, and implementation of business applications. May lead development teams on various size projects to improve applications and outline solutions. Facilitates problem-solving sessions with associates, clients, and support staff in order to generate process improvements, best practices, critical product solutions and roadmaps. Uses interviews to probe key issues; is insightful in seeing and addressing issues; drawing problem solving and client implications. Serves as the subject matter expert for the organization’s technology and products.
- 20% – Provides concise information in response to client inquiries. Works effectively with client team members, is sensitive to the client’s environment, gains respect of the client team, and is responsive to client requests. Heavy interaction with the client thorough the project life cycle. May involve presentations to the client on complex systems.
- 20% – Researches and maintains current knowledge of industry and technology advancements. Recommends, identifies, and implements process improvements in software lifecycle and business process.
- 20% – Mentor less experienced developers. Build skill sets based on assignments. Works with IT management to prepare initial capital and operating budget. Investigates practical areas that are more cost effective.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering, Development or Technical Architecture.
- Experience with SPA’s and front-end technologies, such as Angular, React, or Vue.js.
- Experience with containerization and related technologies like Docker.
- Solid Understanding of web-based technologies – HTML, CSS, DOM, XML, and JSON. Firm grasp of Build tools – Maven, Gradle, Gulp, Grunt, Jenkins utilized in a CI/CD environment.
- Ability to conceptualize and document solutions, design and deliver reference implementations, library utilities, or frameworks.
- Experience with secure coding practices, remediation of vulnerabilities and knowledge of security concepts / protocols such as OAUTH, SSO, MFA, LDAP, IAM, TLS.
- Exposure / Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, Lambda, RDS, SQS, etc.).
- Ability to work in an Agile development environment – such as Scrum and Kanban and use Agile tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Rally, VersionOne or equivalent.