Lead DevOps Engineer
Business Operations is leading the DevOps transformation through our tooling and by being an advocate for change & standards throughout the development, quality, release, and product organizations. We need team members with an appetite for change and pushing the boundaries of what can be done with automation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
- Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships is a must.
- Knowledge in AWS and Kubernetes is desired. Real world experience working with Terraform is a requirement for this position.
- As the kubernetes subject matter expert, you will manage large scale kops-based kubernetes clusters.
- This role will be expected to have experience with adding and editing Instance Groups, kops toolbox templates, alternate CNIs, and how kops integrates with AWS.
- This role will be required to understand these concepts and operations at a deeper level. Kubeadm experience is also accepted.
- As the Terraform subject matter expert you will need to understand modules and have developed modules.
- This role will be expected to understand this technology at a deep level in order to not only build terraform plans from scratch but also support others in the ongoing development of reusable modules.
- As the Infrastructure as Code subject matter expert, you will need to understand programming methodologies which can be used to augment terraform.
- This will involve the use of python, bash, or go.
- This also requires experience in related programming tools like VSCode and git.
- As a cloud infrastructure and kubernetes administrator, you will need to have the skills of a linux system administrator.