ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
- Provide support in mapping, and spatial data creation.
- Perform advanced editing of operational data sets and manipulate a variety of data formats.
- Work with related software and programs to create and maintain data and/or maps that can be combined with geographically referenced data.
- The Analyst must have a good understanding of the business processes and terminology.
- Create maps and graphs, using GIS software and specifically datasets and maps to be used in ArcGIS Portal and ArcGIS Online.
- Conduct Research to locate and obtain existing databases.
- Compile geographic data from a variety of sources including field observation, satellite imagery, aerial photographs, and existing maps.
- Able to accept a project independently and in a team environment. Design methodology to complete a project and produce a final product.
- Gather and organize imagery captured by drones. Classify imagery sets by type and
- Annotate image datasets primarily under the direction of the Chief Data Scientist and
AI development team.
- Keep accurate and up to date records of the location of data and ensure that team
members can access data types both quickly and efficiently.
- Create delivery datasets for various stakeholders from organized data under the
direction of Sr. Staff and as needed.
- Communicate with stakeholders and co-workers about data organization methods
and provide regular updates to the UAS Dept. Lead on progress and workload.
- Be available for team meetings on a weekly or as needed basis.
- Process field scanned data from the Leica RTC 360 using various processing
- Generate orthophotos from field data gathered using Pix4D or other software.
- Post process LiDAR data gathered by drone.
- Assist in keeping field equipment inventory.
- Assist in preparing equipment for large-scale fieldwork activities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, engineering Technology, IT or related technical field required.
- 4+ yrs. experience with GIS or other computer mapping technology.
- Knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS 10.0 or higher.
- Communication, Written, Oral, and Cartographic:
- The ability to solve problems using the ESRI ArcGIS suite of tools.
- Information Gathering: Knowing how to find information and identify essential information, and validate the information.
- Strong cartographic knowledge. Understanding of coordinate systems and projections.