End User Support Specialist
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
- Fully proficient, with considerable job-related experience, accomplishing varied atypical assignments with limited guidance.
- Provides informal leadership to less experienced colleagues.
- Provides advanced customer support with advanced diagnostic solutions by creating and documenting diagnostic procedures; provides information to customer support.
- Serves as a go to person for other technicians and is available for more extensive technical support, as needed; may take on special projects.
- Coordinates enterprise and location specific projects (e.g., makes recommendations on PC specifications for new users).
- Works on assignments that are complex in nature where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations.
- May determine methods and procedures on new assignments and may provide guidance to other nonexempt personnel.
- Displays general understanding of the business, as well as industry, to research and identify alternative procurement sources for parts and/or services.
- Advanced knowledge of PC operating systems, servers, registers and peripheral equipment and 1-to-1 communication systems; Proficiency with specific customer systems (e.g., ORACLE, TRIS, DOJM, EMPRV, GCAM/MAXIMO, CDIS, EADMS, ROD, ArcGIS, Clearion) preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of customer software applications to diagnose and repair problems.
- Proven ability to recognize trends to acknowledge and raise issues.
- Associate degree required, preferably in computer science or related field.
- Will consider candidates without a degree if they show/demonstrate having
- 2+ years equivalent, relevant experience in tools, systems and initiatives leveraged by customer.
- Technical certification required.
- 4+ years of experience in desktop support, customer service or relevant work.