Looking for experienced electrical engineers to fill positions and provide valuable insight and experience into the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and/or support projects involving electrical equipment replacement, upgrades, additions, and refurbishments for Power Generation facilities. Electrical equipment may include:
- 480V – 13.8KV Switchgear and Breakers
- 138KV – 345KV Breakers and Switches
- Protective Relaying
- Motors and new generators
- Generator Excitation Systems
- 480V – 13.8KV Motor Controllers / Starters, and Drives
- DC Battery and DC backup power distribution systems
- Auxiliary Power Distribution Systems design and modeling
- Develop engineering solutions, cost and schedule estimates, and preliminary designs associated with the initial development and budgeting of projects.
- Upon project authorization:
- Perform detailed design and work with drafting to complete drawings, prepare requisitions and specifications for equipment and construction contracts, analyze proposals, produce cost and schedule estimates, and assist or lead in the planning and coordination of projects.
- Lead the checkout and start-up of the new equipment.
- Technical mentorship of newer engineers within the group.
- Provide engineering assistance to energy centers and other departments within the company on activities requiring experience and expertise with electrical systems.
- Interface with industry contacts and outside corporations, including consultants, contractors, and their employees.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five or more years of heavy electrical project development, installation, and start-up experience is preferred.
- Electric utility, electric power distribution, or related engineering experience is preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, communication, organizational, and human relations skills.
- Ability to primarily work independently.
- Strong ability to interact effectively with various stakeholders internal and external to the Company.
- Experience with SKM PowerTools electrical system modeling is preferred.