Database Administrator IV (SQL DBA)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
- Administrates organization’s database, using database management system to organize and store data.
- Ascertains user requirements, creates computer databases, and tests and coordinates changes.
- Interacts with development and end-user personnel to determine application data access requirements, transaction rates, volume analysis, and other pertinent data required to develop and maintain integrated databases.
- Ensures performance of database.
- Support the design, maintenance, and on-going support of applications for specific database applications (primarily using SQL Server, but also some Oracle and Sybase skill level may be utilized.)
- Support production operations and applications 24×7.
- Position requires periodic on-call rotation, off-hour support, and remote administration.
- Assist in the compliance and continuous monitoring of all aspects of database security controls to ensure effective, secure, and regulatory compliant operation and administration of databases.
- Actively participate in and support application development activities related to all phases of application life-cycle development and operation.
- 10-15 years of experience
- 7-10 years relevant experience
- Primarily responsible for assigned tasks in Microsoft SQL Server 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019.
- May be assigned administrative tasks in Oracle 11g, 12c, 19c, RAC, ASM, OEM, Linux and Windows environments.
- May be assigned tasks in Sybase ASE 15.7 and 16.0 and Sybase Replication Server 15.7.
- Responsible for 24×7 on-call support via a rotating schedule.
- Responsible for assisting in the compliance and continuous monitoring of all aspects of database security controls.