Job Description Summary:
Under the direction of the Vice President of Informatics, the Data Profiler will be a prideful resource in the organization to allow this company to be responsive to research requests. The data profiler will build informative oncology cohorts to assist in building out the Informatics Data as a Service (Daas) line of business. The Data Profiler must be passionate to deliver healthcare insights to change the standard of care delivered to oncology patients.
The Data Profiler works with Informatics leadership to determine cohort availability or determination of what concepts are needed to enable complex oncology queries to further research requests. A Data Profiler engages professionally with cross-functional team members to provide the best level of cohort building capabilities to help to further cancer research. The Data Profiler is expected to be receptive to working in an entrepreneurial agile scrum environment.
Primary Key Performance Areas
KPA 1 – Data Profiling
- Provides in depth data analysis and actionable reporting using SQL and data visualization tools (e.g. PowerBI) to assist in research use case responses.
- Engage with data analyst to understand FCS data standards and new data science concepts to assist in building oncology cohorts.
- Firm understanding of healthcare coding standards/systems (e.g. Claims, HL7, RxNorm, ICD 9, ICD 10, LOINC, Medications, UCUM, UMLS, SNOMED CT, etc.) with practical knowledge of clinical terminologies to create and ensure data quality standards are upheld.
- Demonstrates competency with disparate health care data sources for ingestion, metatdata, mappings, ontology management, data catalog management, reference data, rules/hierarchies and normalization.
- Applies concepts to enable artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) algorithm development and Natural Language Processing (NLP) for data enrichment.
- Publishes and presents findings to research entities within Honest Broker construct.
KPA 2 – Data Governance
- Conducts data profiling with data governance evangelization activities to educate non-data minded colleagues of domain with superb communication skills to professionally articulate the high stakes associated with getting the data right.
- Domain understanding of data modeling, data warehousing, business intelligence, ELT development and ability to read, write, maintain and tune SQL queries.
- Critical thinking and logic skills with attention to details and ability to identify root cause for data anomalies and data quality issues.
- Governance first mindset with ability to consult with subject domain areas within data steward council in observance of people and processes over tools.
- Consult the business regarding educational opportunities, process improvement and business requirements to drive tool selection and consolidation activities.
KPA 3 – DevOps
- Collaboration with project teams to drive project plan, metrics, specifications, design, development, integration, verification, validation and launch of solutions consistent with organizational development processes.
- Endorse database change automation in CI/CD pipeline to enable reliable, rapid and effortless releases into production to provide agile analytics.
- Enjoys participation in ideation sessions with the team while also able to work independently in support of organizational initiatives to meet project deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong quantitative/qualitative business case analysis skills with the ability to manage multiple competing initiatives in a cross-functional environment.
- Healthcare professional degree qualification (Ph.D., MD., RN., CPhT., RPhT.) preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in business analytics, computer science, engineering, accounting, finance, management information systems or another related field. In lieu of degree, 6+ years of experience is required or the equivalent combination for education and experience.
- Professional clinical experience within clinical oncology preferred
- 6+ years in an active healthcare big-data integration experience with multiple heterogenous data sources with data cleansing and reference/master data management on an enterprise data warehouse to create a centralized ‘trusted data’ set for data analysis.
- Technical competencies within data modeler, SQL to create/maintain DB objects, query/load required data using data governance and visualization tools.
- Understanding of clinical data and data quality needs in ambulatory oncology setting.
- Work closely with Senior Data Integration Analyst and stakeholders to build products that will create the Informatics service line.
- Expert SQL queries
- Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook required.
- Data governance knowledge of industry best practice and leading software providers to assist in data steward implementation, maintenance and support.