Job Description Summary:
Under the direction of the Director of Informatics, the Data Cloud Platform Architect (DCPA) will be transformational in bringing Data as a Service (Daas), data analytics and self-service reporting. The Data Cloud Platform Architect will assist the Informatics team to facilitate the transformation of source data into a ‘trusted data’ asset within Microsoft Azure platform that can be used for downstream consumption. The Data CloudPlatform Architect must be passionate to deliver healthcare insights to change the standard of care delivered to oncology patients.
The DCPA is responsible for delivering the next generation Enterprise Data Warehouse and visualizations using Microsoft Data Lake technologies in scalable consideration of proprietary, open source and microservices solutions. The Data Cloud Platform Architect works with informatics leadership, Enterprise Architecture, Clinical Data Architect and Sr. Data Integration Analyst to determine appropriate data technology integration and utilization. The Data Platform Architect must embrace the realm of healthcare interoperability data-driven opportunities in the cloud to help determine the best operational course for the business.
A DCPA will use architecture knowledge to help Informatics team to conduct vendor evaluations and to be discipled in strategic and tactical technology utilization. This role will define data and application integration framework with the focus towards standardization, definition and documentation of standards and guidelines. The DCPA will use knowledge of healthcare data requirements to influence the implementation and governance of our data architecture. Healthcare interoperability appreciation is paramount to the Data Cloud Platform Architect role to help the Informatics team understand use cases, functional- and non-functional requirements, and abide by data governance best practice principles.
Primary Key Performance Areas
KPA 1 – Architecture Knowledge
- Tactical Microsoft Azure cloud platform knowledge with integrated tool sets, processing and disaster recovery to evaluate/negotiate associated pricing to ensure ideal performance and fiscally responsible solutions.
- Demonstrates competency with disparate health care data sources for ingestion, metatdata, mappings, ontology management, data catalog management, reference data, rules/hierarchies and normalization.
- Understanding of health IT Data Services technologies and terminologies such as, but not limited to HL7, C-CDA, EDI, FHIR, CDC, ODBC, RDMS, row versioning and data replication use cases for the betterment of the enterprise.
- Applies concepts to enable artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) algorithm development, natural Language Processing (NLP) and patient portal of portals for data enrichment.
KPA 2 – Data Governance
- Domain understanding of data modeling, data warehousing, business intelligence, ELT development and ability to read, write, maintain and tune SQL queries.
- Develops technical standards to help provide resolution of complex system problems.
- Embraces the spectrum of data governance implementation including, but not limited to data accessibility, business glossary, data dictionary, data catalog, reference/master data management, data cleansing, data lineage, enterprise master patient index (EMPI), deidentification, data collaboration to provide a ‘trusted data’ set.
- Responsible for day-to-day administration activities like role management, concurrency control, database monitoring, data pipelines for data ingestion and analytics.
- Consult the business regarding educational opportunities, process improvement and business requirements to drive tool selection and consolidation activities.
KPA 3 – DevOps
- Collaboration with project teams to drive project plan, metrics, specifications, design, development, integration, verification, validation and launch of solutions consistent with organizational development processes.
- Enjoys participation in ideation sessions with the team while also able to work independently in support of organizational initiatives to meet project deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong quantitative/qualitative business case analysis skills with the ability to manage multiple competing initiatives in a cross-functional environment.
- Endorse accelerated and automated app dev, CI/CD, DevOps principles, framework and tools to simplify development via true agile/lean principles.
- Bachelor’s degree in business analytics, computer science, engineering, accounting, finance, management information systems or another related field. In lieu of degree, 15+ years of experience is required or the equivalent combination for education and experience.
- Valid state Driver’s License for travel to satellite offices and offsite meetings. Compliance with the
company Driver Safety Operations and Motor Vehicle Records Check Policy is required.
- Microsoft Azure certification(s) in at least one of the following Fundamentals, Administrator, AI Engineer or Data Scientist with expert level certification(s) preferred in Solutions Architect and/or Architect Design.
- 12+ years of experience in big data, database and enterprise data warehouse architecture and delivery
- 6+ years in an active healthcare big-data integration experience with multiple heterogenous data sources with data cleansing and reference/master data management on an enterprise data warehouse to create a centralized ‘trusted data’ set for data analysis.
- Hands-on experience implementing data processing tools using Microsoft services (e.g. Data bricks, Python, etc.), metadata management
- Technical competencies within data modeler (e.g. ER Studio), SQL to create/maintain DB objects, query/load required data using data governance (e.g. business glossary, data dictionary, data catalog, data quality, master data management, etc.) and visualization tools to bring data literacy to the organization.
- Practical experience on workload management, monitoring, performance tuning, troubleshooting database issues, parallel data loading, database migration, fragmentation and maintenance tasks
- Understanding of clinical data and data quality needs in ambulatory oncology setting.
- Work closely with Senior Data Integration Analyst and business stakeholders to build products that will create the Informatics service line and transform the BI Reporting team.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, demonstrates intellectual curiosity and work towards bringing clarity to align teams on a scaled common data architecture framework and capabilities.
- Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook required.
- Competency in SSMS, SSRS, ETLs, Power BI and (No)SQL required.
- Data governance knowledge of industry best practice and leading software providers to assist in data steward implementation, maintenance and support.