Data Architect III – Data Lake
This consulting position will align to an Data Architect Lead and capital projects. They will be responsible for implementing architecture patterns and designs across our on-premise OLAP environment, AWS-based Data Lake, and API based interfaces at the direction of the Data Architect Lead. They will engage in conceptual and logical data modeling, database architecture, data integration, metadata, and enablement of reporting and analytics. At the direction of the Data Architect Lead champions organizational policies, procedures, and accepted data standards including data integration, access, retention, movement and security. Supporting the Data Architect Lead in the buildout of reporting, analytics, and data science practices in the AWS cloud.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
- Strong experience in the utility industry with respect to the below call outs.
- Strong experience with creating Cloud Data Lake and Data Warehousing architecture.
- Strong experience analyzing complex SQL queries. Prior experience with Utilities is a big plus.
- Strong experience with AWS services like S3, Storage Gateway, Glue, Lambda, Step Functions, Athena, Redshift etc.
- Experience with relational/dimensional data modeling.
- Experience with re-platforming the processes in AWS S3 Data lake from Teradata (or other MPP Database systems).
- Optimizing data extraction in Data Lake.
- Understanding of cloud data pipelines, ETL and ELT processes.
- Working experience in an Agile environment. Having experience as product owner is a big plus.
- Effective communication in collaborating with Data Engineers, product owners, cloud engineers, Business and other project teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, Mathematics, or equivalent computer-related degree from an accredited college or university required.
- 8+ years of data management and architecture experience required, including at least five years of Informatica development or administration experience preferred.
- 5 years of experience with data modeling and data architecture (data lake and dimensional) preferred.
- 5 years of experience with Data Lake and OLAP systems (star schema, snowflake and utility industry data models) preferred.
- Experience with an AWS cloud data pipeline leveraging tools such as Airflow, Lambda, Step Functions, Informatica BDM, Athena, and Redshift.
- Experience with Teradata migrations including tools such as Datometry.
- Experience with data patterns to support reporting tools such as PowerBI and OBIEE as well as the data patterns to support Sagemaker.
- Experience with various data management systems including MPP platforms (Teradata and Redshift), Data Lake, object stores, and RDMS platforms preferred.
- Experience in securing data at rest including obfuscation techniques such as tokenization, encryption or masking.
- Experience in various modeling strategies and model development tools is preferred.
- Substantial experience and advanced skills in SQL scripting required.
- Experience integrating the requirements and activities of a Data Governance program into the data architecture in a sustainable methodology is preferred.
- Experience in the processes related Agile and a CI/CD pipeline for data development and engineering improving release cadence and iterative development is preferred.