Job Description Summary:
Under the direction of the Director of Informatics, the Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst will be an important member of the team in bringing PowerBI visualizations to the business. A BI Analyst works with business unit leaders to bring strategic insights back to users to inform cancer care best practices. The BI Analyst is expected to thrive in an entrepreneurial agile scrum environment.
As BI Analyst is expected to engage professionally with users to elicit requirements and to provide BI reports. The BI Analyst will use healthcare data knowledge to ‘solutionize’ how best to deliver informative insights. The ultimate goal of the BI Analyst is to continuously provide reporting enhancements to further the ability to self- service reporting needs.
Primary Key Performance Areas
KPA 1 – BI Reporting
- Ability to perform SQL queries using existing or newly created master data to build oncology cohorts to assist in research use cases.
- Firm understanding of healthcare coding standards/systems (e.g. Claims, HL7, RxNorm, ICD 9, ICD 10, LOINC, Medications, UCUM, UMLS, SNOMED CT, etc.) with practical knowledge of clinical terminologies to create and ensure data quality standards are upheld.
- Demonstrates competency with disparate health care data sources for ingestion, metatdata, mappings, ontology management, data catalog management, reference data, rules/hierarchies and normalization.
- Understanding of business unit data insights and operations need pertaining a variety of different healthcare domains including: revenue cycle, research, pharmacy, procurement, medical/radiation oncology, accounting/finance, labs, care management, value based care and radiology.
KPA 2 – Data Governance
- Domain understanding of data modeling, data warehousing, business intelligence, ELT development and ability to read, write, maintain and tune SQL queries.
- Governance first mindset with ability to lead subject domain areas interviews in observance of people and processes over tools.
- Consult the business regarding educational opportunities, process improvement and business requirements to drive reporting best practices.
KPA 3 – DevOps
- Collaboration with project teams to drive project plan, metrics, specifications, design, development, integration, verification, validation and launch of solutions consistent with organizational development processes.
- Endorse database change automation in CI/CD pipeline to enable reliable, rapid and effortless releases into production to provide agile analytics.
- Enjoys participation in ideation sessions with the team while also able to work independently in support of organizational initiatives to meet project deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong quantitative/qualitative business case analysis skills with the ability to manage multiple competing initiatives in a cross-functional environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in business analytics, computer science, engineering, accounting, finance, management information systems or another related field. In lieu of degree, 6+ years of experience is required or the equivalent combination for education and experience.
- Professional healthcare data experience within clinical oncology preferred
- 6+ years in an active healthcare big-data integration experience with multiple heterogenous data sources with data cleansing and reference/master data management on an enterprise data warehouse to create a centralized ‘trusted data’ set for data analysis.
- Four (4) years of SQL report writing with BI or statistical analysis.
- Advanced relational database architecture understanding with practical reporting and analytics tool experience including SQL Visual studio, Reporting Services and Integration Services.
- Understanding of clinical data and data quality needs in ambulatory oncology setting.
- Work closely with Senior Data Integration Analyst and business stakeholders to build products that improves confidence in BI reporting capabilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively and partner with senior level staff to determine business goals and objectives, and ways to partner in order to achieve those objectives.
- Must be able to work with multiple teams and business units simultaneously with eagerness to learn and thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook required.
- Profound competency in SSMS, SSRS, Power BI and (No)SQL required.
- Data governance knowledge of industry best practice and leading software providers to assist in data steward implementation, maintenance and support.