Job Description Summary:
Under the direction of the Director of Informatics, the Business Analysis (BA) will assist in enabling Data as a service (DaaS), standardized reporting and analytics, and self-service reporting. The BA must be competent to meet with business unit leaders and analysts to elicit data- and reporting- related requirements. The BA will be critical to ensure necessary data and functional and non-functional requirements are documented to enable the Informatics/BI team to operate in an Agile BI Analytics DevOps environment to assist business unit leaders in measuring success.
Primary Key Performance Areas
KPA 1 – Requirements Gathering
- Elicit, define (write/document), and analyze business and functional requirements in the form of user stories gathered from stakeholders to ensure alignment strategic initiatives
- Partner with software development colleagues to translate requirements into technical specifications with defined acceptance criteria for testing
- Proficiency with SQL for product development related to data collection, aggregation, application development, analysis, and reporting
- Define user stories and development subtasks with detailed product requirements, development, integration, verification, validation, and launch of releases.
- Represent the voice of the customer across internal functional groups.
- Produce mature user stories to drive our product portfolio as a result of engagements with data stewards in the to understand, analyze complex data systems, define and document key data element requirements, flow, relationships, lineage and dependencies.
- Professionally interact with end-users to gather, analyze, and document stories (including business, functional, design, and technical requirements).
- Healthcare Information Technology specific to electronic medical records, imaging, laboratory, etc. to create enriched patient data.
KPA 2 – Documentation
- Assists in the creation, deployment and maintenance of BI catalog of reports, dictionaries and glossaries
- Performs ongoing analysis of scope, content, quality, and delivery of product work with data integration informatist, analysts and developers to complete planning, development, testing, and implementation of new products
- Ability to learn healthcare data source systems from both the front end and back-end data structure to assist in data mapping recommendations
- Demonstrates competency with disparate health care data sources for ingestion, metatdata, mappings, ontology management, data catalog management, reference data, rules/hierarchies and normalization.
- Familiarization of healthcare data integrations, coding standards/systems, terminologies, systems engineering concepts, data modeling, data architecture, data warehousing, databases, and datamarts to ensure full-fledged requirements documentation.
KPA 3 – DevOps
- Aligns with Informatics leadership to serve as Product Owner within scrum team to help discern product backlog priorities with competing DaaS, BI Projects and technical debt reduction initiatives.
- Collaboration with project teams to drive project plan, metrics, specifications, design, development, integration, verification, validation and launch of solutions consistent with organizational development processes.
- Enjoys participation in ‘solutionizing’ sessions with the team while also able to work independently in support of organizational initiatives to meet project deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Participate with scrum events as a team member to ensure articulation of user stories requirements and priority on behalf of Director of Informatics
- Ensure throughput of user stories and subtasks to assure proper development, testing, and quality assurance
KPA 4 – Collaboration
- Governance first mindset with valuation of people and processes over tools.
- Provide oversight, training, assistance, and support for Informatics team.
- Consult the business regarding educational opportunities, process improvement and business requirements to drive tool selection and consolidation activities.
- Communicate project progress consistently with managers and stakeholders.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently while multi-tasked to meet critical deadlines in rapidly changing environment.
- Exemplary team player who creates synergies with colleagues as a strategic thinker with ability to execute day-to-day activities, assist with road mapping, and backlog grooming
- Bachelor’s degree in business analytics, computer science, engineering, accounting, finance, management information systems or another related field. In lieu of degree, 5+ years of experience is required or the equivalent combination for education and experience.
- Professional healthcare data related experience within clinical oncology preferred
- Technical competencies within SQL, query/load required data using data governance, product management tools (e.g. Azure DevOps) and data visualization (e.g. PowerBI) tools.
- Understanding of healthcare data quality needs
- Work closely with Director of Informatics and business stakeholders to build products that will create the DaaS service line and BI Reporting optimization.
- Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook required.
- Competencies in SQL, SSMS, SSRS and data visualization tools.