Business Analyst/Product Owner
Works on 1-2 very complex projects simultaneously which involve a high degree of exposure for client. This position has a significant impact to the customer experience which could cause potential loss of business and our value proposition. Large financial impact to the business.
Reporting and Working Relationships
Mentor and direct the work of other BA’s. May work with multiple task managers, client teams, other companies and 3rd party vendors. Manages one to three direct reports.
- 20% – Create appropriate project documentation (BRD/CE/RTM) and manage change throughout the life of the project. Collaborate with PMs, developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- 20% – Understand and translate high-level business requirements and detailed specifications into solid technical solutions. Manage process improvement related requirement and SDLC. Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- 20% – Effectively apply standards, methods, and processes to produce quality documentation of both a technical and descriptive nature. Using information provided by the client, analyze the request to determine what the real needs are.
- 20% – Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams during the requirements phase of the project. Include appropriate stakeholders during requirements gathering. Facilitate working sessions with clients. Collaborate with the QA team on creation of RTM (Requirements Traceability Matrix) and appropriate test cases.
- 20% – Mentor other BA’s; Provide consultation on complex projects. Interview, train and coach other Business Analysts; Champion the standard Requirements Mgmt. process, looking for and implementing best practices for the BA team.
- 5-7 years’ experience preferred, Bachelor’s degree or other certification and or equivalent work experience, 5 years doing requirements management, PMP and/or CBAP certification desired
- Hiring and coaching skills desire
- SME level of knowledge of three or more core Loyalty and Motivation Solutions, fully knowledgeable of Institute-driven principles
- Understand the impact of scope and time usage on the project budget
- Working knowledge of technology platforms
- Ability to lead most technology platform discussions, Experience with technology projects and SDLC required, Experience managing technology projects/products, Advanced skills with wire framing and prototyping software
- Strong analytical, product/project management, and problem solving skills, Excellent written communication required, Strategic thinker
- Business process improvement experience a plus