Business Analyst I
Entry level role with knowledge gained through experience. As an Oracle Primavera Suite Super User, identify system issues and areas of opportunities for improvements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
- Gather input from users, define upgrade requirements and provide detailed requirements to software engineers.
- Perform testing of applications during development.
- Write training and user reference documentation to align with business processes.
- Provide support documentation for meetings with business and stakeholders to develop an understanding of their operations and requirements.
- Translate business and design requirements into technical requirements.
- Research existing business and system processes.
- Pull required data for projects with well-defined instructions.
- Understand basics of performing QA against specifications.
- Conduct rigorous tests and inspections of applications within the Oracle Primavera Suite.
- Identify and organize project tasks.
- Work on tasks using an agile methodology and supports agile teams.
- Ability to communicate systems and procedural changes to end users through excellent written and oral communications.
- Drive the story elaboration process for the Team
- Attend and actively participate in Scrum sessions (Sprint planning, Stand-up, Backlog Refinement and Retrospectives)
- Collaborate with members of the scrum team to develop effective testing strategies and test cases for user stories within a sprint
- Contribute to creating acceptance criteria for user stories that will determine “definition of done” for the stories.
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors
- Able to understand technology concepts and deepen understanding through continuous self-learning
- Continuously improve in performance
- 1-3 years of experience Required Experience
- Basic analytical skills and understanding interpreting customer business needs.
- Ability to develop professional presentations.
- Basic knowledge of project management principles, such as scope, deliverables, timeline and cost/benefits.
- Use the Agile iterative development methodology.
- Basic knowledge of the practices, procedures and principles of performance analysis (trending, root cause and gap analysis) and benchmarking.
- Working proficiency in standard software applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Gather requirements using the SDLC as well as a solid understanding of the Agile methodology and SCRUM process
- Analyze/document current and future business process models high-level requirements (scope) and detailed functional specifications and/or stories; communicate to the Product owner, Solution Architect and extended team effectively
- Proven experience in technical requirements gathering, business process workflow documentation, acceptance criteria, breaking down the high level requirements into small epics/features that are functionality driven
- Engaging personality and a positive attitude to drive to make the project successful
- Oracle Primavera Suite experience
- Linux and SQL knowledge
- Experience in software quality and testing
- Good understanding of the software development technologies and platforms like SQL Server C#/VB.Net, GIT/TFS, Visual Studio 2017, automated testing, Oracle Database and mobile applications