BizOps Engineer II
Business Operations is leading the DevOps transformation through our tooling and by being an advocate for change & standards throughout the development, quality, release, and product organizations. We need team members with an appetite for change and pushing the boundaries of what can be done with automation. Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships is a must.
The role of business operations is to be the production readiness steward for the platform. This is accomplished by closely partnering with developers to design, build, implement, and support technology services. A business operations engineer will ensure operational criteria like system availability, capacity, performance, monitoring, self-healing, and deployment automation are implemented throughout the delivery process. Business Operations plays a key role in leading the DevOps transformation through our tooling and by being an advocate for change and standards throughout the development, quality, release, and product organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Analyze ITSM activities of the platform and provide feedback loop to development teams on operational gaps or resiliency concerns
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Support the application CI/CD pipeline for promoting software into higher environments through validation and operational gating, and lead in DevOps automation and best practices.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Take a holistic approach to problem solving, by connecting the dots during a production event thru the various technology stack that makes up the platform, to optimize mean time to recover
- Work with a global team spread across tech hubs in multiple geographies and time zones
- Share knowledge and mentor junior resources
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in a financial environment preferred.
- Analytical/problem solving and planning skills.
- The ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize work based on current business needs.
- Possess strong communication skills — both verbal and written.
- Strong relationship skills, collaborative skills and customer service skills.
- Experience in the following is required: UNIX, scripting, Oracle, SQL skills and Microsoft Office.
- Experience in monitoring tools such as splunk, dynatrace or blazemeter
- Experience in automation/devops tools like jenkins ,chef, XLR
- Experience in one or more of the following is preferred but not required: C++ and/or Java.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.