As an Android Developer you have the opportunity of joining a company with several digital ecommerce channels, a large brick and mortar infrastructure, endless problems to solve and optimize, but organized in such a way that ever person can feel their impact to both their immediate team and the company. You will be building new and exciting features, working with 3rd party vendors, both large and small and working with a first-class team of developers, product managers, and designers.
- Review, design and build new feature functionality
- Engineer and integrate new technologies into the companies ecosystem.
- Work closely with a small team of Android developers of varying skill levels and experience
- Integrate with both a product team and a design team to elevate the user experience of the Panera Android application
- Prioritize and resolve bugs and defects impacting cafes, features and user experience.
- 3+ years with Android application/framework development
- Background in Software Engineering required for solving complex problems in an optimized, scalable, and maintainable manner.
- Strong proficiency in Java or Kotlin, Android SDK(s), SQL and version control (git)
- Understanding of Android application build tools and development environments
- Familiarity with MVC application architecture and proper thread handling
- Experience with Android design principals, dependency injection and background services.
- Working knowledge of testing tools and implementations (unit/functional/UAT)
- Experience with implementing designs from wireframes and mockups to specifications.
- Comfortable with agile scrum methodologies, ceremonies, and tool suites (JIRA)
- Skills to communicate and collaborate with other teams to integrate with REST web services, middleware applications and data models.
- Detail oriented, efficient, and capable of working independently.
- Bachelor of Computer Science or greater preferred.