ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the development of the Institute’s application architectural strategy in alignment with business goals.
- Analyze the current IT ecosystem application architecture to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvements.
- Develop migration strategies to close gaps between current and future states of the application architectures.
- Identify system requirements for large, complex ecosystem-wide applications.
- Review requirements across multiple applications and develop application models that span applications and domains.
- Develop methods to integrate systems that interact and extend across organizational and functional lines.
- May oversee or lead the evaluation and selection process for application packages.
- Develop and maintain IT ecosystem application architecture models, processes, standards and documentation.
- Research, recommend and apply the use of middleware to facilitate the portability and scalability of applications.
- Work on highly complex projects that require in-depth knowledge of one or more specialized architecture areas such as network, security, applications, data, systems and Internet and business segments.
- Support the development of software and data delivery platforms with reusable components that can be orchestrated together into different methods for different business.
- Analyze the current architecture to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvements.
- Perform ongoing architecture quality review activities relative to specific project/programs they are responsible for.
- Research and evaluate emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities.
- Research reported problems, plans solutions, and coordinates problem solving processes.
- Deliver presentations and proposals to vendors and clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Business Administration or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years’ of experience maintaining day to day business and supporting IT requirements and development
- Ability to work with multiple approaches to solving a problem and choosing the most appropriate solution.
- Ability to demonstrate proactive approach to problem resolution, strong troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
- Knowledgeable with a host of computer programming languages, operating systems, and computer hardware platforms.
- Knowledge of industry standard IT best practices, including disaster recovery and high availability concepts.
- Ability to multi-task to address multiple and often conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of compliance functions within a financial organization.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify complex problems; review related information and develop options and implement solutions.