Software Engineer III
The Infrastructure Automation Team is seeking to hire a Senior Software Developer. You’ll be joining a dedicated, ambitious, and diverse agile team who is focused on delivering operational excellence throughout the organization.
You will work in collaboration with Engineering, Server Operations, Network Operations, Application Services, and other teams across the organization to automate and improve our build and deploy processes; monitoring and operations; private/public/hybrid cloud infrastructure; configuration management; reporting and compliance; and troubleshoot across different environments
Our vision is to provide simplified, repeatable, automated solutions to secure, standardized, highly available systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
- Reviews, Analyzes and Designs solutions within the ServiceNow platform including creating workflows and catalog items as a part of an agile team working from stories and defects.
- Develop and drive strategic technical direction related to automating infrastructure operations: a strong grasp of API integration with existing solutions, passionate leadership of code development, champion SDLC and CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery) best practices, as well as advise communicate and collaborate with our Digital product teams.
- Ensure that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to guarantee availability and increase efficiency.
- Engage in critical problem resolution and continuous improvement activities
- Build and manage self-healing processes for Infrastructure
- Ensure all we do is in adherence to corporate regulatory and compliance requirements
- Mentor and collaborate with other Co-Workers
- A strong commitment to meeting deliverables in a self-structured WFH environment
- Work within the Agile framework
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent computer or business related major degree from an accredited college or university required.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in automation/development
- Strong experience automating with vRealize Automation (VRA) and vRealize Orchestrator (VRO)
- ServiceNow development experience (Admin certification preferred)
- Strong Linux and Windows Server administration skills
- Preferred Experience working with the following:
- Infrastructure as Code development (Terraform)
- Configuration Management tools (Ansible or SaltStack)
- Container Technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes preferred.
- Database provisioning and management utilizing Infrastructure as Code
- Self-directed learner who keeps skills up to date with the latest technologies, including pursuit of relevant certifications
- May be required to provide support outside of normal working hours.