QA Analyst II
Conducts integration and system testing on multiple client projects based upon project schedules and testing guidelines and ensuring quality, timeliness and cost-effectiveness of the support and delivery of those products and services. Gathers and reports status and metrics to assess the ongoing quality and profitability of the solutions delivered and for the overall success of the vendor relationship or alliance.
Reporting and Working Relationships
Reports to the Director, Quality Assurance; Senior Manager, Quality Assurance; or Manager, Quality Assurance.
50% – Designs, develops, and executes test cases using test plans and project/functional specifications for each system change through MTM testing tool.
30% – Investigates and reports any defects encountered diligently, promptly, and accurately, using standard defect tracking tools (TFS). Performs both new functionality and regression tests; identifies, analyzes and reports issues for follow-up.
20% – Ensures the integrity of test material. Performs customer-focused business analyst duties as required. Performs other duties, responsibilities, and projects as assigned. Maintains regression test case suite, updates as necessary, executes per release or as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or software test related experience/knowledge/certification a plus.
- Five or more years of software testing/programming experience in a professional software development environment.
- Experience with Business and Quality Assurance Testing Process Models.
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing test procedures.
- Knowledge of client-server, stand-alone, java-based software development, and a clear understanding of the role of testing in a software development organization.
- Ability to identify testable statements contained in requirements and specifications documents and devise and run appropriate tests and have a strong track record as a software defect finder/reporter.
- Experience efficiently working with relational databases.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Windows and Office technologies.