**Located in Needham, MA
As a Middleware Developer, you have the opportunity of joining a company with several digital ecommerce channels, a large brick and mortar infrastructure, endless problems to solve and optimize, but organized in such a way that every person can feel their impact to both their immediate team and the company. You will be building new and exciting solutions, working with 3rd party vendors, both large and small and working with a first-class team of developers, product managers, and designers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
- Architect & build new middleware projects to support business initiatives, and enhance existing projects to add new features and maintain functionality
- Interface with Google’s Cloud Platform to build robust and resilient applications for internal and external use.
- Collaborate with other application architects to design and implement a shared architecture for new applications to use
- Engineer and integrate new technologies into the Panera ecosystem through pipeline-as-code workflow’s
- Work closely with a small team of Middleware developers to review code, meet requirements, and deliver results
- Work with third party vendors to integrate new technologies
- Integrate with the customer application, cloud, and product teams to identify and meet the needs of the business
- Identify, prioritize, and resolve bugs and defects impacting cafes & user experiences in the production environment
- minimum 5 years experience with Nodejs Application development
- minimum 3 YEARS EXPERIENCE WITH GOOGLE CLOUD PLATFORM
- Bachelors in Computer Science (4-year) or greater
- Expert-level familiarity with REST API development and integration
- Experience in automated deployments to Google Cloud is preferred
- Experience in creating application flow diagrams and forming technological proposals
- Background in Software Engineering required for solving complex problems in an optimized, scalable, and maintainable manner
- Understanding of continuous integration/continuous deployment in the development workflow
- Experience with file permissions, application lifecycle, and other environmental features of Linux OS.
- Red Hat experience is preferred.
- We are ok with candidates who are remote but prefer those located central or eastern time zone.
- Working knowledge of testing tools and implementations (unit/functional/UAT)
- Comfortable with agile scrum methodologies, ceremonies, and tool suites (JIRA)
- Skills to communicate and collaborate with other teams to integrate with REST web services, frontend applications and data models
- Detail oriented, efficient, and capable of working independently