We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer to join a team of talented software engineers building the latest and greatest eCommerce web platforms. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with UI/UX designers and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Research and Development of POCs and innovative new ideas for customer interactions
- Production issue triage, management, and prevention as needed
- Long term technical debt resolutions, debt prevention and code reviews
- Optimize application for maximum speed, scalability, and security
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Mentor junior developers
- Strong development skills in:
- HTML5, JS and CSS
- Server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Code versioning tools, such as Git
- Good understanding of:
- Application bundlers such as webpack
- Package managers, such as npm or yarn
- CSS flexbox, grid layouts, and mobile responsive design
- Proficient understanding of:
- Cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Web accessibility standards and best practices
- Continuous Integration and Delivery pipeline, eg Jenkins
- Having a relentless continuous improvement mindset with ability to learn new skills quickly
- Willingness to stay abreast in new technology and educate the team on latest developments
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-visibility environment
- Passionate about writing clean, organized, and well-tested code and bug-prevention in production.