Infrastructure Analyst I
Reporting and Working Relationships:
Reports to Mgr IT or Mgr IT (SR) as appropriate. Interacts with all levels up to Divisional management. Consults with network and system users to provide resources needed to serve customers. Typically has no direct contact with clients.
40% – TECHNICAL: Working independently, consults with users to determine their hardware, software or system functional requirements, and recommends the application of existing systems’ resources and IT standard solutions. Prepares detailed specifications and plans for implementation of IT solutions. Monitors network to ensure its performance and availability for all users and the clients that they serve. Devises ways to apply existing systems’ resources to additional operations, including automation of manual tasks. Under moderate supervision, evaluates and maintains existing or proposed voice and data network solutions and services. Responsible for day-to-day operation of the Domain Controllers and related services the team manages. Maintains all appropriate documentation in support of the voice and data network.
20% – PROBLEM SOLVING: Maintains an effective understanding of business unit issues as they relate to technology. Available to participate in root cause analysis and assist in the development of actionable recommendations. Performs problem solving activities on both software and hardware systems, and escalates to the appropriate support personnel, as needed. Assists users in defining problems and undertaking corrective action to restore desired operating levels. Ensure customer service excellence by monitoring tickets and reviewing customer feedback.
20% – LEADERSHIP: Ability to understand MITS standards, processes, and best practices. Remains aware of current initiatives. Understands MITS 3-year plan and is able to align to the strategic direction and priorities of the functional plan Supports implementation of new technologies. Applies new solutions through research and collaboration with team.
20% – COMMUNICATIONS: Capable of making prepared presentations; is in command of material and gives logical answers to questions. Prepares and listens well; draws out relevant information and effectively communicates to team. Writes clear summaries of own work; with guidance, writes small sections documents; understands and uses department standards.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 4-6 years experience within a technology related field.
- 3+ years’ experience installing maintaining, and supporting virtual systems
- 3+ years’ working with Microsoft AD, Windows servers; 2008+, 2012, PowerShell
- Ability to work independently and team environments.
- Ability to analyze situations, negotiate and position solutions towards strategic plans, excellent execution skills.
- Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Active Directory Systems Administration in a multi-domain, multi-forest design.
- Windows Server and related Windows systems.
- Fundamental knowledge in LDAP and Kerberos.
- IT security principles and security hardening practices.
- Ability to script Active Directory automation with PowerShell.
- Knowledge in designing and maintaining an enterprise DNS architecture.
- Knowledge of DHCP, network routing, Exchange, switching, TCP/IP addressing design and troubleshooting.