**Located in Southfield, MI
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
- Elicit, analyze, document, and communicate business requirements in complex business environment.
- Understand project scope, project goals, product functionality, and desired features.
- Collect required information to develop project scope around solutions to attain customer requirements along with data expertise as required.
- Evaluate customer needs/issues, analyze business processes, assist in evaluating alternatives, and determine appropriate solutions with IT staff.
- Analyze high-level business requirements and translate them into more detailed user stories, use cases, and other functional requirements documents such as process flows, screen mock-ups, gap analysis, etc.
- Identify and assist in resolving issues, questions, and scope/requirements gaps quickly and effectively enable delivery and support of applications.
- Conduct research and proactively make recommendations to improve application delivery.
- Participate in design and development meetings with project teams to provide perspective on the needs of the business users and help to resolve issues arising during the project
- Facilitate structured requirements sessions to elicit requirements, process flows, data flows, business rules, risks and assumptions; champion requirements throughout the duration of the project
- Help determine level of effort and time required for solution delivery.
- Help define and improve BA processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related field preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working in an IT environment and enforcement of SDLC
- Familiar with web services and file processing
- 5+ years of experience as an IT business analyst, IT Solutions Engineer, Sales Engineer or systems analyst.
- Excellent client interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Products, Web Development Tools, and Relational Databases
- Ability to take initiative and proactively offer suggestions and resolutions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and a self-starter.
- Ability to effectively conduct requirements gathering sessions and concisely documenting the outcome.
- Strong knowledge of business analysis, best practices and methodologies, including the ability to perform requirements tracing and validations during testing.
- Automotive client experience a plus – experience with OEM dealer network, service contracts and/or parts/accessories
- Experience in Incentives programs a plus.
- A passion for technology and the ability to work and learn in a rapidly changing environment is a must.
- Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, define problems, and develop a means or method to resolve them.
- Strong attentions to detail with proven verbal and excellent written communication skills are essential.
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment.