Business Analyst II
- Expected to work on 2-3 Medium projects simultaneously with moderate complexity, often requiring increased BA involvement to define scope. Large impact to client relationship. Medium to large financial impact. Ability to facilitate large meetings and conference calls with clients required. Ability to manage Agile teams’ build and release process as a proficient scrum master.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
- 40% : Create appropriate project documentation (BRD/CE/RTM) and manage change throughout the life of the project. Include appropriate stakeholders during requirements gathering Collaborate with PMs, developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability, performance needs, deadlines and budget. Experience in utilizing Confluence and Jira applications to capture the needed requirements and associated development tasks.
- 20% : Be the liaison between the client, business units, technology teams and support teams throughout the discovery, definition, build and support phases of the project. Understand the impact of scope and time usage on the project budget in order to provide accurate BA estimates toward the project budget. Assist in the development of scope and project estimates, and identify scope changes. Collaborate with the QA team on creation of RTM (Requirements Traceability Matrix), appropriate test cases and their test data.
- 20% : Effectively apply standards, methods, and processes to produce quality documentation of both a technical and descriptive nature. Using information provided by the client, analyze the request to determine what the real needs are.
- 20% : Understand and translate high-level business requirements and detailed specifications into solid technical solutions. Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Bachelor’s degree or other certification, plus experience with requirements management
- Experience with Jira and Confluence Atlassian products is a plus.
- Working knowledge of common Java and cloud-based technology platforms to provide meaningful input into technology platform discussions.
- Experience with technology projects and SDLC, specifically application of Agile principles and practices.
- Intermediate skills with user journeys, data flow diagrams, wireframing and prototyping software.
- Strong analytical, product/project management, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication.