ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
- Translate business requirements and technical designs into best-in-class reporting solutions aligned to business goals that deliver measurable value to the organization.
- Participate in activities on cross-functional teams in order to achieve goals of BI and IT projects, including work plans, system design, development and testing of solutions.
- Work with business users to determine the data source(s) required to deliver the solution. Document data requirements (source & target) with the ETL team for Informatica package creation / modification.
- Design and create database schemas and reporting models for the BI solution in a relational database management system (Oracle, Teradata, SQL Server, Sybase).
- Create / modify stored procedures to transform data and apply required business rules.
- Develop reports and dashboards using primarily using Power BI. Oracle Business Intelligence is a plus.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage competing priorities.
- Troubleshoot performance issues of a BI environment and evaluate existing logic for tuning possibilities.
- Ensure that data is available to decision makers through dashboards and reports, as well as self-service methods.
- Provide technical support for production reports including troubleshooting and configuration management.
- Protect the integrity and quality of BI solutions while securing the organizations data assets in accordance to best practices and company policy.
- Oracle BI a plus
Deliverables will be provided within the context of the SDLC and include:
- Design documentation
- Database schemas and reporting models
- Queries, Stored Procedures
- As this is a fixed-duration, fixed team, time and materials effort, enhancements and new functionality will be constantly re-evaluated and prioritized with the objective to complete as many requirements as possible within the constraints.
- Looking for heavy Power BI experience level to work remote role for likely, 7 month contract.