Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop optimized data warehouses using complex Teradata SQL and stored procedures.
- Heavily experienced in Teradata, SQL, related database utilities, PL/SQL (stored procedures), and Unix Shell scripting.
- 2+ years of experience in developing optimized Data Warehouses using complex Teradata SQL and stored procedures
- 2+ years of experience developing efficient views and aggregates for Teradata Data Warehouses.
- Excellent Programming experience in Teradata SQL, and Stored Procedures
- Performance tuning of SQL Queries
- In-depth hands on experience in database, ETL design and development
- Unix shell scripting experience a plus
- Strong problem-solving, testing, and troubleshooting abilities
- Should be Business savvy and be able to take conceptual Business processes and create coding
- Excellent communication skills
- This BI/DW team is using SQL Assistant for Teradata utilities.
- They’re writing stored procedures to extract and access data both. 95% of the ETL code base is Teradata stored procedures.
- The Teradata stored procs dev. needs 2 years of stored proc experience, at least a year of which is Teradata.
- For the Teradata Stored procs dev, a preferred skills are Informatica (it’s only used to load files to a stage table and then all logic is done in stored procs) and the UC4/Appworx scheduling tool. Not required, though.