We are very much involved in the full documentation lifecycle. We use high level architecture input to perform user and task analysis, we structure and draft the documents, collaborate with various teams to retrieve information and verify the content. We are proactive, take pride in what we do and support each other’s efforts
What will a typical work day look like for this contractor?
- The contractor will be working on the documentation set of one of the new programs and will need to collaborate with onsite and remote teams to understand the product and its features, retrieve the necessary information for the documents, define their structure and populate the content.
- The contractor would also be responsible for the review cycles in order to ensure that the content is accurate and meets the team’s quality criteria.
- The contractor would be applying the Technical Publications Style Guide in all material and would create PDF and HTML outputs
What are your top 3 required technical skills?
- Working knowledge of Oxygen, understanding of topic-based authoring and experience in authoring in DITA (Darwin Information Type Architecture),
- Experience using a Component Content Management System (such as Vasont CCMS or DITA XML etc.)
- Software authoring background