Duration: Full time
This would be a full-time role, and is with the Logistics & Business Integration team. This team is responsible for the upkeep and enterprise support of a core application utilized across the firm.
The Technical Analyst is responsible for working with the Business and Quality Analysts to field development requests and tickets for any modifications, enhancements, or general requests about the core application. Main technical duties will be working with SQL, creating dashboards and workflows, and tying the data points between the database and GUI.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work independently, under general team lead direction, to develop and implement business workflow applications, utilizing vendor workflow application tools.
- Provide maintenance updates to the existing workflow applications and configurations when needed.
- Mitigate risk in application and workflow design.
- Partner with additional development and analytic teams to deliver software solutions based on provided requirements.
- Investigate and resolve application functionality related issues and provide Level 3 technical support and troubleshooting.
- Develop and review audit and control processes to facilitate optimal service performance and operational integrity for workflow applications.
- Coordinate application development for multiple projects.
- Work closely with a 3rd party application developer to coordinate project deliverables.
- Provide technical assistance to the workflow business analyst development team and to business users in the effective use of the workflow applications.
- Create and maintain change control procedures for application implementations.
- Assist web server administrator with application installation and validation.
- Create and maintain system documentation and technical procedures, including documentation of system problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Participates in Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Some travel by car and/or air in conjunction with local, regional and/or national travel, up to 20%.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field required.
- 1-2 years’ related experience required.
- Familiar with BPMN business modeling
- Experience writing test driven requirements and use case scenarios
- Excellent communication skills with ability to relay information well in both written and verbal form.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
- Ability to effectively lead a project and see through to completion including post-implementation support
- Ability to troubleshoot issues while evaluating the risk involved in resolution
- Knowledge of all phases of software development including requirements analysis, design, testing (integration, user, and performance), implementation and support.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.