SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR (MIDDLEWARE ENGINEERING)
Computer Systems Administrator (Middleware Engineering)
Build, automate and configure middleware infrastructure for all web-based applications and services in IBM Websphere / Oracle WebLogic and Java environments.
- Analyze, build, and test new environments for web application development and testing, and deploy the developed application in accordance with customer requirements;
- Install and configure IBM WebSphere, JBoss, WildFly, Weblogic, Apache, Tomcat, Webseal/ISAM, IIS, F5 (BIG-IP) in new environments and perform the upgrading tasks on various operating systems including UNIX, Red Hat Linux, AIX, HP-UX, Sun Solaris;
- Create and maintain documents of installation and configuration procedures for system maintenance and repetition purposes;
- Perform daily collaboration / coordination with on-site teams to handover the work as the off-shore timings starts to the off-shore teams;
- Implement complex security integration utilizing MSSL, mutual authentication, hardware certificates, software certificates, dynamic endpoints, and other security models;
- Provide real-time support when User Acceptance Test (UAT) is on-going, conduct defects fixing in UAT and deploy back on testing environment for next testing round;
- Conduct configuration changes per the application team requirements, and resolve issue of middleware infrastructure, database faults, cosmetic facts, performance tuning, and applications bugs;
- Handle reported trouble tickets, and analyze the problems, logs, descriptors, database and property files to find the root cause of the faults for fixing;
- Monitor the production environment, the platform, and other housekeeping activities by developing special Shell / WLST, Python and Perl scripts for automated daily system health check and health reports;
- Maintain the performance of Middleware infrastructure with monitoring tools including Willy Introscope, HF Run Monitor, Tivoli Performance Viewer, and Thread & Log Analyzer;
- Set up SFTP connection between Linux/Unix servers, and apply patches and fix-packs to resolve issues related to the Application servers;
- Provide deploying, implementing, testing support of full life cycle implementations of J2EE applications/components, Swing, Beans and EJB built-in files on Application servers;
- Configure various databases like Oracle, DB2, MS SQL server, Mango DB, Postgres and MS Access with application servers using JDBC/ODBC, JNDI and RMI; and
- Configure applications / make networking connections with remote applications using different types of protocols (TCP/IP, FTP, SMTP, SOAP, POP, LDAP and HTTP) in the servers, and configure web files as HTML, XML/XSL, DHTML per the application requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree (or the equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, MIS or in a closely related field plus minimum 5 year experience in the same position or in a related occupation such as software engineer/developer, systems analyst, or programmer analyst involving computer middleware systems administration.
- Ability to work well within a team environment and ability to multi-task
- Advanced interpersonal skills, demonstrating an ability to apply leadership when required
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
Full time in St. Louis area