Sr. Software Engineer (QA Testing)
Design and develop end-to-end data validation and testing automation of complex and high volume business process software solutions.
- Analyze actuarial business processes, systems, data and workflows to design, model, document and implement automated tests cases and scenarios for Actuarial Statistical model requirements using automation framework based on SELENIUM Web Driver, JAVA, Groovy, Gradle, Cucumber, IntelliJ, GIT version control, and Postman;
- Lead scrum team meetings with architects, developers, business analysts and program managers to define and establish system requirements and goals, and actively participate in Sprint planning and Sprint retrospective to continuously inspect-and-adapt using MS/Office, MS/Test Manager, and Team Foundation Server;
- Validate system implementations against requirements through definition, execution, automation & tracking of detailed data testing strategies, troubleshooting issues to verify Logs, and querying both Oracle and HDFS databases using TOAD, SQL Developer, and Putty Manager;
- Ensure proper test coverage of User Stories in agile Sprints by reviewing deployment plans includes the mandatory tests coverage, creating dashboards of automation jobs, and releasing deployment builds for new enhancements and features using JENKINS:
- Execute detailed data validation testing plans, test suites, test cases and test scripts enabling all levels of testing (unit, functional, integration, and regression) using TFS Test Manager and Beyond Compare-4;
- Design and implement completely automated test suite solutions using continuous integration module to reduce manual testing overhead and production emergencies support;
- Conduct system validation including reconciliation of automated Data Warehouse in Informatica (DMS) and business intelligence reports (in SSAS, SSRS, Tableau) against the data loaded through the actuarial system using Selenium;
- Serve as a primary contact for all User Acceptance Test (UAT) related issues and follow-ups before, during and after releases, organize Global UAT to get sign-off on functionality, product quality and performance;
- Provide qualitative / quantitative analysis evidence to project stakeholders as part of data QA focus;
- Meet weekly with Project Manager and Technical Team Leads during project execution to provide TEST Summary Report, identify risks, and recommend appropriate mitigation strategy.
- Master’s degree (or the equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, MIS or in a closely related field plus minimum 3 year experience (alternatively accept Bachelor’s degree with minimum 5 year experience in the same or a related occupation such as software developer, systems analyst, or programmer analyst.
- Ability to work well within a team environment and ability to multi-task
- Advanced interpersonal skills, demonstrating an ability to apply leadership when required
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
Full time in St. Louis area