ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the Development team in various phases of development, including design, implementation, integration, revision control, release and the maintenance of multiple products and systems.
- Follows coding and development standards (Microsoft base).
- Assists in the development of unit testing procedures that can be utilized within continuous integration practices.
- Documents clearly and effectively within code as well as outside of code.
- Coordinates with other team members when tackling harder developmental efforts.
- Continues to stay on top of the latest technologies and see how they can be applied to the needs throughout the organization.
- BS or BA in Computer Science or related field required.
- 3 – 5 plus years of post BS progressive experience in database design and development using Microsoft SQL Server required.
- Project Development – Collaborative development with the familiarity and knowledge of environment.
- Organization and Interpersonal skills – Ability to deal with and balance multiple priorities.
- Operations Analysis – Passion for the integrity of database/software design and a willingness to compromise appropriately to balance design and delivery.
- Oral and Written Expression – Proven ability to communicate information and ideas in spoken or written form so that others will understand.
- Critical Thinking – Thorough understanding of the software lifecycle and relevant software methodologies used in software development.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Ability to deal with ambiguity and rapid change.
- Time Management – Highly self-motivated and delivery focused.
- Performance – Takes responsibility for achieving results, overcomes obstacles and adapts approach, bias for action.
- Business Awareness – Displays awareness of the impact of actions on the business and demonstrates understanding of the context of the company and acts in line with it.
- Communication and Influence – Uses negotiation skills and techniques to obtain agreement between different interests, challenges management constructively, bringing different views into the open.
- Partnership and Teamwork – Actively promotes a positive team spirit, builds networks to enhance effectiveness and share knowledge.
- Experience working with DTS or SSIS packages
- Experience working with SSRS
- Experience with SQL performance tuning techniques including query plan understanding and management and indexing techniques.