Software Release Engineer, St. Louis, MO
Software Deployment team in successfully completing Field Systems projects. Complete project assignments on the initial install with no negative impact to operations.
- Execute software and configuration deployments, following the provided instructions.
- Assist bakery-cafe managers or technicians in completing, performing, and confirming software implementations are 100% successful and fully operational.
- Log all work performed in tools defined by supervisor or project lead. Update all project tracking systems with detailed notes, including accurately recording the current status.
- Manage open implementation issues to closure and resolution.
- Work individually or with a team.
- Work overnight hours.
- Work cross functionally with various field and support center teams to move implementations forward, to complete assigned tasks, and to resolve open issues.
- Report status to the assigned lead or supervisor and resolve risks that impact project completion.
- Identify changes/updates/opportunities within current work management and software deployment tools and procedures, and share this information with the appropriate resources within the IS team.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Willing to Work an OVERNIGHT shift
- Experience with HEAT or another helpdesk tracking software is desired.
- Associate’s Degree or applicable experience in project support, help desk, or information technology role in a complex business systems environment required. Minimum 1 year experience.
- A track record of solid performance.
- Strong interpersonal and well developed verbal and written communications skills
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new concepts & technologies.
- Able to conform/adapt priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Experience with food services operations and technology systems, and basic knowledge of emerging technologies is desirable.
- Experience with PC/LAN, POS hardware, and POS software and database systems; including broadband connectivity.
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows XP/7/10, Word, and Excel; Chrome Web Browser, Remote communication software such as DameWare or VNC.
- A+, MCP or MCSE certifications are a plus. Linux, iOS, and iPad experience a plus.