Under general direction, ensures multiple development teams are consistently using Scrum methodology to achieve the benefits of iterative and incremental software releases. The Scrum Master protects the Development Team from distractions, removes impediments, as well as supports the team in self organization and continuous improvement.
- Support the Product Development Process:
- Responsible for the team’s adherence to Agile Scrum methodology and standards
- Organize and facilitate each phase of the Sprint (e.g. daily planning, backlog grooming, demo, retrospective, sprint planning and release planning)
- Maintain and communicate metrics related to team performance
- Ensure development teams are practicing the core principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, visibility, as well as continuous improvement.
Support the Scrum Team(s):
- Identify and remove impediments and team distractions
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through granular story selection and task definition
- Facilitate discussion as well as conflict resolution with the team, and across development teams
Support the Management Team:
- Escalate sprint, team, and quality risks appropriately
- Assist with improving transparency through communication to all stakeholders as well as with prioritization and resolution of incident/problem management
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; or, an equivalent combination of education and relevant business experience.
- Seven or more years of IT experience with 2 years leading agile teams in the use of SCRUM.
- Solid understanding of Agile Manifesto and Agile Principles.
- Experience with concurrently managing multiple Scrum teams.
- Experience with managing Scrum teams performing automated builds and automated testing.
- Understanding of incremental delivery and the value of metrics (e.g., backlog grooming, burndown chart, velocity)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with others.
- Strong conflict negotiation skills as well as effective facilitation skills.
- Self-motivated and self-managed with a strong attention to detail.
- Highly organized and able to set priorities effectively.
- Ability to access, enter, modify, as well as retrieve data on a PC.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language as well as compose correspondence.
- Visual acuity sufficient to accurately review and proof information.
- Auditory ability to use a telephone.