Located in St. Louis, MO
Open to contract or contract to hire, must be willing to interview in person.
This team is responsible for developing software which will be used globally within our SAP environment. The ABAP developer is responsible for performing application development tasks for:
• On-going support activities
• Collaborate with Business Analysts and Technical Leads
• Perform technical analysis/design that is derived from supplied functional specifications
• Develop/maintain application code that adheres to coding standards and best practices
• Complete thorough unit testing to validate that the coding meets requirements
• BS in computer science or equivalent experience
• 4 – 6 years development experience with SAP ABAP language (Reports, User Exits, Adobe Forms, Interfaces, Dialog..)
• SAP Webdynpro, WebUI, SCM/APO, CRM, HR, SAPUI5 experience is a plus
• Relationships and Networks: Teamwork is important for this role. The developer must be able to work cooperatively with others, both within the development team and with the teams we support. Developers need to communicate with the Business Analysts to be sure they understand the requirements and effectively share their ideas for meeting the requirements. The developer will also keep appropriate stakeholders updated with the status for their assignments.
• Results Orientation: Given the high volume of requests which flow through the team, developers will often be assigned multiple requests. To be successful in this role, the developer needs to effectively prioritize, plan and execute their work.
– Working with Product Managers to set priorities. Scrum team.
– Backfill and due to growth on the team.
– MUST HAVES: SAP ABAP. Must be strong and capable of designing things and providing support. This is not a support role but more on the implementation side.