- The UNIX Technical Services team is responsible for the design, implementation, and support of UNIX/LINUX based operating systems
- Our team works in close partnership with our security, network, middleware, and application support teams to power the next generation
- The selected candidate will support our Linux based operating systems, processes, and procedures.
- Develop standards for Linux configurations, processes, and procedures as well as audit their accurate implementation
- Support application of third party software installations
- Troubleshoot problems and issues related to the efficient, secure operation of the Linux operating system
- Tune and optimize the configuration of Linux to meet the Service Level Agreements of our applications and services
- Implement new security patches as well as upgrade the Linux operating system
Essential Skills the lead candidate might have:
- Operating Systems (OS) installation, systems management, security, monitoring, troubleshooting, patching, and version upgrades on Red Hat Linux or equivalent distribution
- Thorough understanding of the following technologies as they apply to Systems Administration and architecture: software and hardware load-balancing, clusters, RAID, Intel Server architecture, Firewalls, Routers, SSL, SSH, etc
- Ability to document solutions and designs as well as speak to a broad audience regarding the same
Desirable skills the lead candidate might have:
- Performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Strong scripting capabilities to automate base system administration tasks
- Assist in the setting of system standards for base implementation, such as limit values, volume and file system management service configurations, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in one or more automation frameworks such as Chef, Puppet, Spacewalk, Manage IQ, Dynamic Ops, Enstatius, etc.