Need for a strong Java Developer who possesses demonstrated communication skills and is able to work effectively in a team environment. Candidates will need strong organizational skills with good technical skills including SQL and JAVA skills.
This position is part of a dynamic software development team working on a very visible project with a team of well-educated and extremely professional technologists. This person will work closely with business stakeholders, Java architects, other Java Developers, and other teams in general.
• Promote good implementation practices, design, coding standard, testing, code review, etc.
• Estimate implementation duration for projects, features, etc.
• Contribute to the requirements gathering process
• Guide the development process
• Translate requirements to design and then to implementation
• BS in a Computer related field or equivalent experience.
• 5 to 7 years of IT experience with working experience in application development and production support roles in Java/j2ee area.
• Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure, client-services, environment.
• Solid communication skills (written and oral)
• Capable of mentoring developers of varying skill levels
• Strong problem solving skills
• Excellent software architecture and design skills
• Broad understanding of an array of technologies and their use. Picks up new technical skills with relative ease.
• Data-modeling and database design skills with any of the following databases, MySQL or SQL Server
• Any of the following App Servers: Weblogic, JBoss, Tomcat, or Websphere working knowledge preferred.
• Good understanding of UNIX environment, shell scripts and understanding production logs.
• Requires a good understanding of the full software lifecycle, including functional requirements, design and development, testing, support transitions and maintaining technical specifications.