Job Location: St. Louis, MO
IT Project Manager
We have a new IT Project Manager III position in the Transmission Technical Support department. They are seeking a new Project Manager to work on Application Development Projects that they have slated for the next few year. They are especially looking for someone with an Agile background, preferably local that has a good diverse work history of working on a wide variety of projects as this department works across multiple groups and may have to adapt to Waterfall as well. The manager is looking potentially for a long term consultant and potential for hire. PMP not required. Product Owner titles could apply for the role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Specialized depth and breadth of expertise in job discipline or field, working independently to solve or lead others to solve complex problems.
- Independently defines and manages scope and schedule of large and complex projects, ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budgets.
- Develops plan and resources (internal/external) for higher risk/impact and more complex projects (mega projects).
- Helps prioritize projects or projects impacting multiple disciplines or groups.
- Sets team members up for success by identifying and addressing their needs proactively, allowing the team to focus on valuable work (i.e., is a servant leader).
- Manages demand planning process with Demand Planning group; guides others on the process and understands broader organizational demand planning.
- Manages project budget of large and complex projects, reviews and approves invoices for complex projects.
- Manages and ensures quality of higher risk/impact projects (e.g., coordinating meetings, tracking budget, following up on action items) leveraging Agile and some Waterfall project management methods; interprets and anticipates scope creep.
- Anticipates risks, performs a risk analysis and prepares a preliminary plan to address potential risks.
- Assists in the development, implementation and enhancement of PMO processes, methodology, tools and automation.
- Provides expertise with logistics, problem solve and tweak processes to drive team velocity and ensure full team engagement.
- Removes progress barrier (e.g., cultural, administrative, logistical challenges) and shields the team from external interference to ensure team is fully invested, functional and productive.
- Can actively manage change control issues as they occur.
- Prepares stakeholders for project delivery, facilitates transparency, adaptation and communicates how mega-projects drive value for the business.
- Facilitates recurring status meetings with stakeholders including Digital Project Managers, Digital Supervisors, and Digital Directors.
- Creates, delivers and implements project change approach, strategy and plan; delivers customer facing and internal change management activities to ensure ongoing stakeholder and user engagement; guides team and peers in the roles and responsibilities of change management.
- Expert Project Management knowledge and skills including: Ability to promote innovative thinking and self-improvement within the team.
- Confident and skilled at navigating the team through roadblocks to allow sprints to be completed on time.
- Change management strategies and principles.
- Demonstrates strategic thinking in vendor management skills.
- Bachelors degree required.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in project management, scheduling, budgeting, forecasting or project accounting including cost management systems to support project budget, forecast, and spend required.
- 2+ years of experience at large organizations or Fortune 500 companies preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is not required.
- MS Project, Primavera, etc., project management tools.
- Understanding of project planning principles such as timing, cost and the implications of project cost overruns.