Infrastructure Project Manager
We need a high energy, fast paced, coffee running through their veins, polished, professional, self-directed and motivated infrastructure project manager. We are operating in a fast-paced Agile environment and we need someone who can deliver. This is not coordination or documentation or budget tracking. This is real life keeping the project moving/project management. We need someone who can deliver and do it quickly. Infrastructure experience is a must (not app dev, telecom, etc.)
The Infrastructure PM`s role is that of overall responsibility for the successful planning, execution, monitoring, control, and closure of a project. Our Infrastructure PMs handle a wide range of primarily (but not necessarily exclusively) infrastructure related projects including systems upgrades and installations, technology outsourcing, IT security initiatives, and data center relocations to name a few. They coordinate resources, establish the project governance structure, and communicate regarding the project. They create and maintain project plans, manage the project budget, mitigate project risks, and make sure the project stays on track and within budget.
Common Responsibilities for Infrastructure Project / Program Manager
1. Manage complex projects/programs from request to production.
2. Facilitate requirements gathering and plan project lifecycle deployment.
3. Secures funding approval and manage performance to project budget.
4. Identify project risks and create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning.
5. Plan and schedule project deliverables, goals, and milestones.
6. Provide direction and support for project team.
7. Manages day to day operational aspects of the project and scope.
8. Coordinate multiple teams to achieve overall stated objectives.
9. Create project plans to identify tasks, resource needs, and timing to help track project status.
10. Maintain accurate resource forecasts to assist in resource scheduling.
11. Work with other PMs and line managers to resolve resourcing conflicts.
12. Monitor and report on progress of the project to stakeholders.
13. Efficiently identify and solve project issues.
14. Develop Requests for Proposals (RFP) and Scope of Work (SOW) for external services.
15. Develop and maintain required project artifacts and deliverables as established by IS Governance policy.
16. Enforce project standards in accordance with the type and size of the project and IS Governance policies.
17. Insure that proper QC procedures and processes are in place and followed to insure overall quality of the project and its deliverables.
18. Maintain change control process for the project.
19. Perform project evaluation and assessment of results.
20. The position requires strong organizational, presentation, and customer service skills.