Candidates with a background in data analysis are highly desired for this position. The individual will be responsible for defining and measuring data quality issues of “Big Data” data sets. The work will include exploratory data analysis (EDA), root cause analysis, as well as clarifying/documenting data pipeline processes and the reasons behind those processes. This role will also be expected to complete ad hoc requests for descriptive data statistics and communicate across teams to understand data origination, data pipeline, and downstream use-cases.
This position is expected to interact with various functions within the company, including data analytics, science, engineering, and product. Attention to detail, intellectual curiosity, and open communication are key for the success of this role.
Required Skills / Experience:
- BA/BS in Applied Math, Statistics, Biostatistics, Computer Science, Physics, Agronomy, Engineering or a related quantitative discipline with at least a year of data analytics or data science experience.
- Familiarity with statistical software (R/Python) or Scala
- Knowledgeable of version control, e.g. git
- Ability to verify claims/guesses using data or digging through source code
- Self starter as well as able to work as part of a team
- Strong communication skills to solicit information from domain experts and present results back to different audiences.
Desired Skills / Experience:
- M.Sc. in an analytics field
- Experience with exploratory Big Data discovery through the use of technologies such as Tableau, Hadoop, MapReduce, or Spark
- Experience with complex data formats and data of varying quality
- Knowledge of agricultural technology especially with regard to row crops
- Curiosity and an open-mind towards unfamiliar data sources and unfamiliar quantitative domains